Stream of Consciousness

Welcome to the controversial life of a female player. These are my confidential confessions.

This blog is a stream of consciousness. Once my hands hit the keyboard, they do not stop typing until I am done writing. So if I get distracted, I will include those distracting thoughts or end the post abruptly.

Given its nature, I will not correct any typos I find later.

Wednesday 24 December 2014

SoC #93 A First Date

So I'm home for the holidays, and I have been since Sunday. It is now Wednesday and Christmas Eve.

There's something lovely about home, isn't there? No matter where you move and how broken your home, there is a je ne c'est quoi about coming home to see your family, whoever that may be.

Reminds me. Merry Christmas Eve! It's about 8 degrees Celcius in the city of my humble abode here in Canada. Outside is a dark grey. Dark grey skies, conifer trees, fallen brown leaves. Unheard of. We've always had a White Christmas here. In fact, last year, the whole city was frozen, and we were left without electricity for five days.

When I got back home, I matched with a ton of new people on Tinder. One guy turned out to be kind of interesting. And great on paper. 25 years old, 6"1, fancy marketing job at a huge company, graduated from one of Canada's finest business programs, has an identical twin. Oh, and he's ginger. Let's call him Ginger. Not usually my thing, but it works here. It's kind of charming.

So him and I text a bit back and forth, and he asks me if I'd like to go for drinks. The answer was a resounding yes. I was so bored, I would've texted him all night anyway. I ask for half an hour, so I can get ready.

I straighten my long, black hair. Then mascara, black eyeliner, and smokey eyeshadow to complement my big, brown eyes. That's usually all I do. I wore black jeans and a flowy black tank top that flatters all the right places. Ready. Oh and my black hipster glasses. Hate glasses, so I take them off during one and one conversations.

Ginger picks me up at 10pm. I walk over to his car, and open the door.

"Hey. So I wear glasses. Hope that's okay" Just trying to break the ice.
"Oh wow, get out. I've been deceived."
I joke about leaving, but instead, I go for a hug.

He drives us downtown, and we go to a small pub. It was mostly dark, with some dim lighting, and surprisingly packed. I ordered a fancy girl drink, and he got a cider. And we talked for hours. Definitely had chemistry, and tons in common. He even let me rant about the biological basis for the differences between males and females. I let him talk about the marketing of polysporin's new eczema brand. It was really fun. After a round of tequila shots and another round of drinks, we took a walk. The city was lit with colourful christmas lights, so it was lovely. He held my hand after a minute, and so we were holding hands.

In the middle of this busy, downtown street, there was this small area with about a dozen benches facing each other. There were blue christmas lights lighting up the square such that all the benches were blanketed in blue light. We sat there for a minute. We sort of cuddled, and then we walked back, holding hands.

Then he drove me home. It was lovely.

As much as I love my college campus life, and I do, there is definitely something to the adult dating world.

No comments:

Post a Comment